Did you know there are quite a few myths about Botox?
Botox has become a popular non-invasive treatment providing many with a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
If you are interested in this sought-after treatment, dive in to doing some research to see if it is the right fit for you. While doing your research you will come across a variety of Botox myths and facts that you need to be mindful of.
In this article, we are playing the devil’s advocate and debunking eight of them.
8 Myths about Botox
- Botox is only for women
- Botox immediately shows results
- Only wrinkles and facial lines can be improved with Botox
- Botox injections can cause your face to look frozen
- Fillers and Botox are the same
- Botox treatments are toxic
- Botox is permanent
- The treatment is painful
1. Botox is only for womenContrary to popular belief, both men and women can enjoy the results of a Botox treatment. In the past, only a small percentage of men accounted for the total number of surgical cosmetic procedures. Today, more men are gravitating towards the idea of cosmetic enhancements. We are proud to say that 20% of our patrons that come for this treatment are males.
2. Botox immediately shows resultsThe complete result of a Botox treatment can take up to 10 days. The effects of the procedure start to unveil within the first 3 days. In some cases, it may take two treatment rounds to get the best results. That’s right, it does not immediately show results.
3. Only wrinkles can be removed and facial lines improved with BotoxYou will be amazed to know that Botox can also treat other medical conditions. It may be a solution to people dealing with excessive sweating or jaw clenching, eye spasms, migraines and bladder spasms.
4. Botox injections can cause your face to look frozenMany people tend to think when you get a Botox injection you won’t be able to make any facial expressions. When the proper technique isn’t used this is possible and is enough to give anyone the heebie-jeebies. When this procedure is done correctly, you will still be able to give expressions like smiling and frowning. You can rest assured that our Specialists are experts with administering injectables; thus, you can expect a natural and rejuvenated appearance when coming for this treatment at one of our clinics.
5. Fillers and Botox are the sameFillers and Botox treat different areas and they produce different results. Botox relaxes the muscles at the injection point mostly around the eyes and forehead area. Fillers restores volume and is usually injected in the cheeks and lips. Like Botox, Fillers can also be used to treat certain medical conditions.
6. Botox treatments are toxicBotox is a treatment approved by the FDA 20 years ago and has been proven to be relatively safe. Botox contains a toxic called Botulinum that can cause life-threatening food poisoning. Because the Botulinum is injected in very small doses it makes it non-toxic. We cannot stress this enough, it is vital that you go to a licensed professional for a Botox procedure. All our Specialists are very skilled in this treatment and you can be at ease when coming to one of our clinics.
7. Botox is permanentThis treatment is not permanent and only lasts a few months, typically between 3-6 months. The duration the treatment lasts depends on the patient and the amount of treatments they have received. We recommend coming for your Botox treatment every 3 months.
8. The treatment is painfulOne of the biggest misconceptions about this procedure is that it is very painful. I am happy to let you know that this is not true. A lot of patients experience this quick procedure as a pinch. Botox Fact: It feels more like a slight pinch We also apply a topical numbing cream to the treatment areas to make this procedure more comfortable for you.
Myths about Botox – Debunked
There are so many misconceptions about this treatment because of misinformation being spread across the internet. It is important to get the correct information from a reputable source about cosmetic treatments. Don’t let false information on the internet scare you away from looking into this safe and effective cosmetic treatment.
Do you have any questions?
For more information about this anti-wrinkle procedure, you can read more here. If you still have questions you are welcome to contact us. Or better yet, book an appointment with one of our Specialists. They will be able to assist you on this discovering journey to create the right treatment plan for your needs.