Male Breast Reduction
A surgical procedure to remove excess fat and glandular tissue for a firmer, flatter and more masculine chest contour.
BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY FOR MEN
Are you too self-conscious to go shirtless due to the enlarged appearance of your breasts? By removing excess glandular tissue and fat, an experienced Plastic Surgeon can rid you of Gynecomastia, an occurrence where men develop enlarged breasts, and restore your chest to appear flatter, firmer, contoured and more masculine.
Male breast reduction surgery is currently the most effective way to treat Gynecomastia and sometimes weight loss in itself is not enough due to an accompanying increase in glandular tissues and excess skin. The surgeon could opt for a specialised liposuction procedure to remove fat or alternatively where required they could remove tissues surgically through excision. It’s a safe procedure for men of all ages and is also effective in treating puffy nipples.
Contact SCINmed today to set up and appointment with an experienced Plastic Surgeon and book a procedure that will help you regain your confidence so that you can feel comfortable in your own skin.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you feel you avoid certain activities due to the enlarged shape of your breasts, you could most probably benefit from this type of surgery. This surgical procedure is one of the ‘easier’ surgical procedures and will help you feel more confident and masculine.
If a healthy diet and lifestyle is maintained, the results of this type of surgery could be permanent. Weight gain, testosterone treatments and drugs, steroid use and medical conditions can all be causes of this condition to reoccur, and your Plastic Surgeon will be able to provide more details on how you can maximize the lifetime of your surgery results.
This surgery is performed in men of all ages and is suitable for teenagers and adults.
The type of surgery you go for will determine the type of incisions, position and consequential scars. It’s important to consult a good, experienced and certified Plastic Surgeon to ensure the right procedures, steps and precautions are in-place. Tiny incisions are generally made just under the arm or around the nipple to make them appear less evident and with time the appearance of the scarring will reduce.
Yes, we also specialise in female breast reduction surgery as well.
There’s a range of precautionary measures your doctor will explain to you pre-surgery that include:
- Do not omit health details during your consultation with the Plastic Surgeon.
- Avoid blood-thinning agents and medications like aspirin and herbal supplements including Ginkgo biloba, St. John’s wort and garlic supplements.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamin E, fish oil or any medication containing these products for 14 days before and 48 hours after surgery.
- Avoid smoking before surgery.
After your procedure, it is common, and completely normal, to experience bruising and mild swelling, aching or throbbing. Below are some precautions you can take after your surgery to ensure a full and swift recovery:
- Keep incisions dry when bathing/showering and avoid warm and lengthy baths.
- Wear the compression garment after surgery to control swelling and decrease bruising. Compression garments assist with the shaping and are important to achieve your desired results.
- Take the medications as prescribed by your doctor, which might include antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Maintain a healthy diet and stay hydrated.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, but try not to be stationary.
- Surgeons recommend wearing a sports bra 24 hours a day for up to 3 months after breast surgery (confirm this with your surgeon).