A Surgical procedure that applies a suction technique to remove excess adipose tissue (fat) from specifically treated areas.
This type of body contouring is one of the most common forms of fat-reduction surgery in the United States to reshape and slim up targeted areas. Using a suction technique the Plastic Surgeon will remove excess fat in places like the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, neck and arms. ‘Lipo’ is ideal to eliminate stubborn fat clusters that are generally tough to get rid of through normal diet and exercise.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Lipo is performed with the patient under anaesthesia which means you won’t feel any pain during surgery. There might however be mild to moderate pain after your surgery and the Plastic Surgeon will prescribe appropriate pain killers for that. We also offer in clinic liposuction for smaller areas like the neck.
The most common areas for treatment is the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck, but this will be based on your personal concerns and viability of treatment as agreed between the patient and doctor.
Set-up and appointment with your surgeon 1-2 weeks before the procedure. Speak to your doctors and ensure you know which anti-inflammatory and supplements should be avoided to prevent excessive bleeding. It’s recommended that patients also stop smoking.
After your procedure, it is common and completely normal, to experience bruising and mild swelling, aching and throbbing. Most patients can return back to work in a couple of days and resume their normal life activities within 2 weeks. The standard recovery schedule looks as follow:
- Day 1: Returning home, you’ll have some bruising and mild swelling
- Day 2: Aching and throbbing pain. The patient is allowed to shower or bath if they keep incisions dry throughout.
- Day 7: Patients are permitted to start wearing make-up for coverage.
- Week 2 – 8: To assist shaping, control swelling and decrease bruising, the wearing of compression garments needs to be worn. The doctor will also potentially prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection.
- 6 Months: Patients can enjoy the result and feel confident about themselves.